- World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC) is biennial event dedicated to promoting renewable energy global development organized by World Renewable Energy Network (WREN), United Kingdom. WREC has been successfully organized in many countries under the auspices of WREN.
- Being an active member of WREN, IRES had organized several conferences and exhibitions in renewable energy in Indonesia during the last decade in collaboration with WREN, but this WREN2016 is part of the regular series of conferences under the auspices of WREN, with larger international participations from all over the world sharing the same concerns in how the world community could mitigate the dependence of and finally replace fossil energy by clean energy for global sustainable development.
- The WREC2016 is taking place in Indonesia in September 19-23, 2016, jointly hosted by Masyarakat Energi Terbarukan Indonesia-METI (the Indonesian Renewable Energy Society-IRES) and WREN.
- This 3 days Conference and Exhibition will have several Plenary Sessions featuring top international experts, policy makers and business practitioners addressing the most strategic issues of sustainable energy development and innovation. Intensive discussion addressing the issues in more in depth will take place in many Technical Sessions which will run after the Plenary.
- This international event will address the most up to date development of research technology, government policies, business models, best practices and innovations in all area of renewable energy in the world.
- International and Indonesian academics, researchers and experts, business executives, government officials, international donor organizations and relevant civil society organizations will participate in this 3 days event in Jakarta.
The Hosts and the Organizers of WREC2016 Indonesia will make optimum efforts to make the event the “greenest” conference ever held in Indonesia. Conference and support materials as well as the event management will be selected to meet and the event management will embed sustainability principles as much as possible and finally replace fossil energy by clean energy for global sustainable development.
The congress will measure the "green effect" by indicating the number of CO2 reduction during the course of the event.
A SPECIAL SESSION OF INDONESIA
Indonesia, with its huge population (currently the 4th populous countries in the world, after China, India and the USA) and relatively high economic growth, is expected to becoming a major global economic power in the next 2 decades.
The government is poised to improve and build the long overdue infrastructure to accelerate higher economic growth by building 35,000 MW additional power capacities, tens of harbors, inter-island ship fleets, thousands of kilometer of toll roads and highways, railroads and other systems.
Therefore WREC 2016 will hold a Special Session discussing the Indonesian clean energy initiatives and the challenges of implementing clean energy projects in the country will be held during the event, participated by top government officials and decision makers, business executives, academics and international institutions.